Great Island Boat Yard has full-time, dedicated riggers who can inspect, repair and assemble running rigging, standing rigging and complete spars. The riggers say that they "spend all fall looking for cracks and all winter fixing them." Our rigging staff will perform a visual inspection of the deck hardware, mast components, standing rigging and running rigging for every mast stored inside. Any issues identified are communicated so that they can be resolved before they become a safety issue.
We unstep and store over 100 masts. Our loft is equipped with a wire swaging machine and a large inventory of line, wire and hardware. We have ample space in the loft to perform routine annual maintenance, make repairs and install upgrades.
- Furling installations
- Electric winch installations
- Standing rigging replacements (wire and rod)
- Lifeline replacements
- Running rigging replacements
- New deck layouts
- Lazy Jacks
- Service mast and deck winches
- Service windlasses
- Service Navtec hydraulics
- Wash and wax masts
- Send sails out for service and repair
- Send liferafts out for annual service